St Vincent Children’s Home (Child &Youth Care Centre) was founded by Trappist Monks in 1899.It is run by the Congregation of the Missionary Sisters of the Precious Blood right from its inception up to date and ownership was transferred in 1929 to Missionary Sisters of the Precious. St Vincent Children’s Home operates as Non Profit and Public Benefit Organisation pursuant and subject to the provision of the Children’s Amendment Act No.41 of 2007